Design tips from our Interior Decorator, Kelly Sisk:
1. Are you redoing a room, love bold colors, but afraid to use them? No worries, create a neutral schemed room and use 1 or 2 bold colors in accents around the room such as blankets, throw pillows, picture frames, & lamp shades. That way it’s not a huge investment, but it makes a huge impact!
2. Do you want to spice up your kitchen with a fresh look, but don’t have a lot of funds? Why not invest in a kitchen backsplash? It makes a huge impact, without making a huge dent in your wallet. We can help you design a timeless look to enjoy for many years to come.
3. When decorating a small space, always keep the pieces of furniture in proportion to the room. If the room has high ceilings, play that up with nice, thick crown molding to draw the eye upward & vary the height of the tall furniture so the eye doesn't travel in a straight line around the top of each piece.
4. Keep window treatments the same for each of the windows in a room, even if they are different sizes. For privacy, use blinds fitted to the shape of the window and then overlap drapes from floor to ceiling, or at least from a few inches above the top of the tallest window to the floor.
5. Building a new home and need help choosing the smartest way to spend your budget? Think long term investment…….Spend your money up front on cabinetry and flooring. These are costly items to replace on down the road. Use less expensive lighting and plumbing fixtures. Those are items you can replace a room at a time when you are ready and won’t be such a hardship.